Wednesday 6 July 2011

38. Together you and I,





Denim Jacket:  Boyfriend's mum (from Gap)
Top:  New Look
Skirt:  Hand made
Scarf:  Charity Shop

I finally got round to doing another outfit post! I've been so lazy the last few days that I haven't worn anything I'd want to show off! haha But today I pulled myself together and decided to do a post! I made this skirt a little while ago now, I remember I posted it when I made it along with a red floral one too, but I realised I never actually did an outfit post in it so today I thought I would. I'm just wearing it with a basic black top and black tights like I usually do to keep the focus on the floral prints of the skirt and scarf and then to finish I have gone for a slightly over-sized denim jacket just to make it look a little different from the norm. My boyfriend's mum gave this to me a couple of weeks ago and at first I wasn't sure whether I'd keep it because it was slightly too big, as it's a size 10, but then the more I looked at it the more I thought it would look quite good over-sized with certain outfits. I think it works here because the majority of the outfit is quite girly with the floral prints and pink colours, but then the denim jacket makes the outfit seem a bit more laid back and has that boyish aspect to it, so for me I think it works and I can't wait to find more outfits that I can wear this jacket with. Hope you like it!


P.s - Just thought I'd add in a couple of things I bought the other day! I've wanted these shorts from New Look for ages but I never found a size 6 as the 8 was a little bit too big, but then I found them in the sale in a size 6 and for only £8!! Cheaper than what I would have got them with my discount!! And the shoes are from River Island, £15 down from £45! You can't really go wrong can you?! I love them so much, now I've just got to find something to wear them with.. :/




5 comments:

  1. The jacket does look a bit big for you.
    Love the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was going to get those blue shorts! cute!
    love love love your skirt!
    Krissy xoxo

    www.swallowmyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love the shorts! The colour is gorgeous!
    Thankyou so much :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the skirt! and i love the fact you made it as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thank you Aimeee :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment, so thankyou for taking the time to look through my blog :)