From left to right:
1. Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream - Intensive Daily Moisturizer | 2. The Beauty Parlor - T-zone oil control - Mattyfying Moisturizer | 3. Simple - Kind to skin - Purifying cleansing lotion | 4. Simple - Kind to skin - Soothing facial toner | 5. Witch - Naturally clear - Blemish stick | 6. St Ives - Fresh skin - Apricot scrub - Invigorating | 7. Soap and Glory - Scrub your nose in it
Good morning beauties!
Today I thought I would share my daily skincare routine with you all, which I use every morning. Now, as I mentioned in this post I have only recently got in to looking after and caring about my skin, so it's thanks to all you beauty guru's out there that I am finally taking care of my skin! Since using more products and realising what works for me and what doesn't I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. At first I literally felt like my skin was glowing because it looked so much healthier. So anyway, these are the products I use and in what order.
1. First of all I use either the St Ives Apricot Scrub or the Soap and Glory Scrub your nose in it depending on how I am feeling. I have used both in one morning on a couple of occassions but I have heard that using too many different exfoliators can damage your skin (is that right?). So I tend to use the Apricot Scrub on a daily basis and then opt for Soap and Glory once or twice a week as you can use it as a mask to deep cleanse aswell.
Both products I find really work! The Apricot Scrub is a really good exfoliator and really gets into your pores to clean them as it contains powerful antioxidants which gently cleanse the skin. It also claims to hydrate and nourish your skin which I can definitely vouch for. My skin feels really fresh after using it. Soap and Glory's 'Scrub your nose in it' is also really fresh and minty and you can truely feel it working on your skin, especially if you choose to use it as a 3 minute mask.
2. Next I use Simple's cleanser and toner just to properly clean my face and get rid of any dirt from my pores that the exfoliator may have missed how that my pores have been opened. Both of these products work really well together and are really gentle on my skin.
3. Next I use a moisturizer, which at the moment is the Elizabeth Arden, eight hour cream, intensive daily moisturizer. I find this moisturizer is easy to apply and keeps my skin hydrated through out the day.
4. After using a moisturizer I use The Beauty Parlor's Mattyfying (yes, they do spell it with two y's) Moisturizer as my skin is quite shinny and I find that this moisturizer really works to mattify my skin.
5. Lastly is the Witch blemish stick which I use on any spots or any area's where I can feel an outbreak is about to occur and it really helps to get rid of them during the day or over night. It also gets rid of reddness and you can apply it as much as you like through out the day which I find useful.
So that is my basic morning skincare routine which I repeat every day. I am not a beauty guru so I am a bit worried that someone will point out that I'm doing something wrong! Ha But at the end of the day this works for me so I will continue to use this routine :)