Friday 14 June 2013

Overcoming fears...

Evening lovelies,
 
We all have our own fears, whether they are little or big it is personal to us. Sometimes other people won't understand our fears, and maybe you guys won't understand mine but I wanted to share this with you.
 
I wasn't planning on doing this post today as I had another in mind but I felt that post could wait and this one should be shared whilst I'm in the moment. One of my fears, as silly as it may sound, is getting the courage to go on a jog/run/walk alone. Since finishing university a week ago I made sure it would be my goal to get fit and healthy as I put one some weight in the last few weeks, maybe even months. This was obviously due to the stresses of the work load, and not to mention the divides within our group and seeing people's true colours (don't get me started!). Not only was it that, it was also money problems. My course, Fashion and Textile Design, is such an expensive course and I am so good with money, but I ended up not being able to afford to go to uni despite living at home and not paying rent.
 
Anyway, all of that amounted to me eating more, apparently, so I said to myself that as soon as I finish uni I will get fit and healthy and just feel more comfortable in my skin. Obviously this is where the jogging alone comes in. If I had a big enough garden  would honestly just to laps just to avoid going out and for people I know to see me without make-up, looking a mess. I don't know what it is but it just freaks me out! Me and my friend have been going jogging on and off the last couple of months once a week, and that's fine because I'm not alone, but for some reason when I'm on my own I just get panicy and worried and scared! Which is completely silly I know, I just can't help it.
 
But, today I was having a crappy day and feeling really lousy, all the past stresses from uni life catching up on me now that I finally have free time to myself to do whatever I want, and I finally decided enough was enough and I needed to get out of the house. I was already in my gym gear from working out in the morning and therefore I had no excuse but to go for a jog, whether it was for 15 minutes or an hour I didn't care I just had to get out!
 

 
 
Now as you can see I didn't go completely alone, I took my dog with me but I felt so proud just to be out doing this for myself. I was out jogging/walking for just over an hour completing 5.5km and burning 397 calories (thanks to the Runtastic app!). I also managed to clear my head slightly which was half the reason for me taking this step. I am so privileged to live near the sea as I find it is the perfect way to collect your thoughts and clear your mind.
 
Anyway, after all of this rambling about my little fear (well done if you've managed to get through it all!), I feel like next time I might be able to go it alone and keep it up as well! I really hope this isn't a one off, I just need to find it in me to make myself go again, because at the end of the day I will be getting fit and overcoming a fear. It's a bit like what Zoella has being saying recently, 'just say yes' and you never know where life will take you!
 
Have you got any little fears you want to, or maybe have, overcome? Have you got any tips for motivating myself to go for a run or any other running apps I can check out? I'd love to try them! :)

6 comments:

  1. I have often felt the same way and it's nice to see that I'm not alone. It's posts like these that inspire people (including myself!)to go outside of their comfort zones and helps them a lot :)
    Frankie xx
    http://frankest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie, I'd love to inspire others to do it too, if I can then we all can if we put our minds to it :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Kirsti - taking the step you did, facing your fear, is bloody fantastic. Well done you. I haven't run in a long time, years, so I can't offer you any tips I'm afraid, but I can offer my support. In fact, I'm sure we all can :) If you ever need that extra push, if you every feel worried, or like you can't do it, just call on us and I'm sure we'll help you get through :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Tori! That really made me smile and I am determined to overcome this fear :D xxx

      Delete
  3. It is scary taking that first step but welldone hun for doing so and I'm sure joshyb wasn't complaining :) keep it up lovely. Thos epeople showing their true colours aren't worth your time and you know you're a better person xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly wasn't complaining, bless him :) Thanks huni, had a lot going on recently so glad to be done with uni! Miss you xxx

      Delete

I appreciate every single comment, so thankyou for taking the time to look through my blog :)